Vocabulary Definition Exchange
The IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange (VDEX) specification defines a grammar for the exchange of value lists of various classes: collections often denoted "vocabulary". Specifically, VDEX defines a grammar for the exchange of simple machine-readable lists of values, or terms, together with information that may aid a human being in understanding the meaning or applicability of the various terms. VDEX may be used to express valid data for use in instances of IEEE LOM, IMS Metadata, IMS Learner Information Package and ADL SCORM, etc, for example. In these cases, the terms are often not human language words or phrases but more abstract tokens. VDEX can also express strictly hierarchical schemes in a compact manner while allowing for more loose networks of relationship to be expressed if required.
The VDEX Version 1 Final Specification was approved by the IMS Technical Advisory Board in February 2004.
IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange - Version 1 Final Specification - HTML
- IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange Best Practice Guide
- IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange Binding
- IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange Information Model
- IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange Conformance Specification
Version 1.0 - Final Specification - PDF
IMS Vocabulary Definition Exchange - Version 1 Final Specification - XML Examples and Schemas
- Download all the Examples and Schemas (zip file)
Additional VDEX Files
- imscp_terms_resource.xml- For CP v1.2 PD
- imscp_terms_structure.xml- For CP v1.2 PD
- The GMS vocabularies for LIS 2.0 PD are: Exension data-types vocabulary – extensionvocabularyv1p0.xml
- he MMS vocabularies for LIS 2.0 PD are: