Join the Digital Credentials and Badging Alliance
IMS Alliances are for the purpose of ensuring interoperability in practice and keeping implementing organizations current on the evolution of a specific set of IMS standards. Alliances were established at the request of the IMS members. IMS members wanted support to make reliable interoperability a reality and wanted to avoid the need for every implementing organization to reinvest in the tools, processes, and interactions to integrate with every platform. In the Alliance IMS provides this support at a fraction of the cost and, most importantly, steps in on an ongoing basis to resolve issues that arise.
Under the Alliances, IMS provides online support to implement conformant products. When testing is completed, IMS issues a conformance mark that IMS stands behind. What this means is that IMS will get involved directly in any issues that arise and work across organizations to resolve.
Joining in the Alliance and working through the process in the only way to achieve official IMS conformance. Conformance seals are only issued to and maintained with current IMS Alliance, Affiliate and Contributing Members. IMS does this in order to deliver on interoperability in practice on an ongoing basis. This benefits large and small organizations alike in creating and maintaining a vital, innovative, and open marketplace for educational technology products!
Benefits of Alliance Membership
- Ability to apply for Open Badges and Comprehensive Learner Record conformance certification.
- Promotion of compliant products and services in the online product & services catalog for organizations who join and maintain membership in the Alliance.
- Use of an approved product mark for appropriately tested products in accordance with IMS guidelines.
- Digital Credentials and Open Badges news updates.
- Listing of support on IMS Global web site.
- Notifications of new test cases and changes.
- Discounted registration fees for Learning Impact Leadership Institute Conference.
- Online support for end-user organizations in including requirements for open standards in writing RFPs, tenders, and procurements.
- Technical support for end-user organizations implementing standards from IMS staff and other IMS members via online forums.
- Online support to resolve integration and interoperability problems encountered with compliant products.
- Receipt of the IMS Members Dispatch - a members-only monthly newsletter.
Annual Dues by Organization Type and Size $USD (see All Membership Levels)
|Organization Type||Organization Size||Digital Credentials and Badging Alliance|
|Suppliers by Annual Revenue||+$50 million||$9,500|
|Higher Education Institutions by Annual Operating Budget||State System||N/A|
|School Organizations by Number of Students Served||State Dept of Education||N/A|
*Note: There are infinite types and sizes of organizations around the world - many of whom do not fall into the defined categories above. Please contact us if you are wondering how your organization fits.