Join the Learning Tools (LTI®) & Content Alliance
IMS Alliances are developer communities that ensure interoperability across platforms and keep implementers current on the evolution of a specific set of IMS standards. Alliances were established at the request of the IMS members. IMS members wanted support to make reliable interoperability a reality and wanted to avoid the need for every implementing organization to reinvest in the tools, processes, and interactions to integrate with every platform. In the Alliance IMS provides this support at a fraction of the cost and, most importantly, steps in on an ongoing basis to resolve issues that arise.
Under the Alliances, IMS provides online support to implement conformant products. When testing is completed, IMS issues a conformance certification mark that IMS stands behind. What this means is that IMS will get involved directly in any issues that arise and work across organizations to resolve.
Joining in the Alliance and working through the process in the only way to achieve official IMS conformance certification. The certification program is managed and evolved by current IMS Members. This creates the community ownership needed to achieve high levels of interoperability and earn the trust of buyers in interoperable products.
Benefits of Alliance Membership
- Ability to apply for Common Cartridge and Learning Tools Interoperability Certification
- Promotion of certified products and services in the online product & services catalog for organizations who join and maintain membership in the Alliance.
- Use of an approved product mark for appropriately tested products in accordance with IMS guidelines.
- Common Cartridge®, Learning Tools Interoperability® and Interactive Whiteboard/Common File Format news updates.
- Listing of support on IMS Global web site.
- Notifications of new test cases and changes.
- Opportunity to participate in Learning Tools & Content Alliance presence at conferences and exhibitions.
- Discounted registration fees for Learning Impact Leadership Institute Conference.
- Online support for end-user organizations in including requirements for open standards in writing RFPs, tenders, and procurements.
- Technical support for end-user organizations implementing standards from IMS staff and other IMS members via online forums.
- Online support to resolve integration and interoperability problems encountered with compliant products.
- Receipt of the IMS Members Dispatch - a members-only monthly newsletter.
Annual Dues by Organization Type and Size $USD (see All Membership Levels)
|Organization Type||Organization Size||Learning Tools Content Alliance|
|Suppliers by Annual Revenue||+$50 million||$5,000|
|Higher Education Institutions by Annual Operating Budget||State System||N/A|
|School Organizations by Number of Students Served||State Dept of Education||N/A|
*Note: There are infinite types and sizes of organizations around the world - many of whom do not fall into the defined categories above. Please contact us if you are wondering how your organization fits.