IMS App Vetting will help streamline our ability to thoroughly vet and evaluate the edtech apps we are using, or thinking of using, without having to perform the required tasks separately and on our own in isolation. As more organizations participate in the process by submitting reviews the more valuable IMS App Vetting results will be for everyone.
Join the App Vetting & Privacy Alliance
The IMS App Vetting & Privacy Alliance provides benefits to both suppliers and end-user organizations. By joining the Alliance, both suppliers and end users will receive access to member only reports of numerous vetted applications. The vetting report includes details on several criteria including Data Collected, Third Party Data Sharing, Security and Advertising.
Suppliers who join the Alliance will receive a once a year app-vetting review of their products. As part of the review, there will be a private, personalized meeting to go through your report highlighting areas for potential improvement and to clarify any questions regarding your policies that may be an area of uncertainty.
Suppliers who have products vetted by IMS Global, a trusted third-party source, increase your profile among institutions who are looking for assurances regarding data privacy and security.
End-user organizations will gain access to best practices and checklists providing guidance on choosing products that meet the data privacy and security expectations from K-12 and higher education institutions. Access to the app vetting reports can save time and money, safeguard against free apps violating student data privacy standards, and allow you to quickly build a dashboard of approved apps.
Learn more about the IMS App Vetting program.
Benefits of App Vetting Alliance Membership
- IMS Global will vet supplier-member products annually according to our rubric and post the results in our product directory.
- Ability to see currently vetted products in the IMS product directory.
- Promotion of your vetted products in the online product & services catalog for organizations who join and maintain membership in the Alliance.
- Guidance on best practices for Privacy and Security considerations in applications.
- Use of an approved product mark for appropriately vetted products in accordance with IMS guidelines (requires completing IMS certification testing provided).
- App Vetting and Privacy work news updates.
- Listing of support on IMS Global web site.
- Notifications of new app vetting criteria and privacy changes.
- Online support for end-user organizations regarding use of vetted applications and checklists for purchasing products.
Annual Dues by Organization Type and Size $USD (see All Membership Levels)
|Organization Type||Organization Size||App Vetting & Privacy Alliance|
|Suppliers by Annual Revenue||+$50 million||$2,500|
|Higher Education Institutions by Annual Operating Budget||State System||N/A|
|School Organizations by Number of Students Served||State Dept of Education||N/A|
*Note: There are infinite types and sizes of organizations around the world - many of whom do not fall into the defined categories above. Please contact us if you are wondering how your organization fits.