IMS Global Privacy
Updated: February 5, 2021
Your privacy is important to IMS Global Learning Consortium, Inc. This Privacy Notice explains how information is collected, used and disclosed by IMS Global and applies to information collected when you use or access our websites and affiliated websites such as the CASE Network, 1EdTech, Compatibility Check (hereafter "IMS Global websites"), standards, certification suites or when you attend an IMS Global event or otherwise interact with us.
We respect the privacy rights of users and recognize the importance of protecting information collected about you. If you use or gain access to IMS Global as part of an organization that has a membership agreement with IMS Global (your institution or employer), the terms of that organization’s contract and membership agreement with IMS Global govern the use of data.
Please read the following to understand how we will collect, use and maintain your personal information. It also describes your choices regarding use, access and correction of your personal information.
Changes to This Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any changes, we will notify you by revising the " Updated" date at the top of this Privacy Notice and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). If there are material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will notify you more directly by email or by means of a notice on the home page prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice whenever you access the IMS Global website to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you disagree with any changes to this Privacy Notice and do not wish your information to be subject to the revised Privacy Notice, you will need to deactivate your account with us and stop accessing IMS Global resources. Your use of any of the IMS Global websites or resources after the posting of such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
We may collect certain user information (including personal information and/or sensitive personal information) in the following ways:
Information You Provide To Us. We collect information you provide directly to us including when you visit our websites or register for an account on the IMS Global website or affiliated websites.
- For example, we collect information when you register with IMS Global for an account, create or modify your profile and online account, access and use the IMS Global resources, participate in the forums, participate in a surveys, webinars or events, make a purchase, apply for a job, request customer support, or communicate with us via third-party social media sites.
- The types of information we may collect directly from you include your name, username, email address, your picture, postal address, phone number, employer’s name, job title, transactional information (including items purchased or subscribed to and billing address) as well as any contact or other information you choose to provide. Please be aware that the information you choose to provide in your profile may reveal or identify information that is not expressly stated (for example, if you choose to provide your picture, your picture may reveal your gender.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the IMS Global Website and Resources. When you access or use the IMS Global Website or Affiliated websites such as CASE Network and 1EdTech, Compatibility Check and Resources (such as certification suites), we may automatically collect information about you, including:
- Usage Information: We monitor user activity in connection with the IMS Global Websites and Resources and may collect information about the applications and features you use, the websites you visit, and the resources you access.
- Log Information: We log information about you when you access and use the IMS Website including your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, Internet Service Provider ("ISP"), the Web pages that you visit, the resources and content you use and the URL of the Web page you visited before navigating to IMS Global.
- Device Information: If you access the IMS Global website and resources from a mobile device, we collect information about the device, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information (as allowed by the mobile network) or platform information (as allowed by the specific platform type).
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, which may include saving cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve IMS Global Websites and resources. They also help us improve your experience, customize your experience and preferences, allow you to access and use the IMS Global Websites and Resources without re-entering your user ID and/or password, understand which areas and features of the IMS Global website and resources are most popular and count visits. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see more details below.
- Do Not Track. Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Because no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, we do not respond to DNT signals. We will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the IMS Global websites and resources for the limited purpose of providing the resources and related functionality and services for which IMS Global has been engaged. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, maintain and improve the IMS websites and resources;
- Enable you to access and use the IMS Global websites and resources, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing data, and using the certification suites;
- Send you technical notices, updates, support and administrative messages;
- Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
- Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, and events, and provide other news or information about IMS Global and our members;
- Process and deliver contest entries;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the IMS Global Websites and resources and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the IMS Global Websites and resources, and other illegal activities;
- Personalize and improve the IMS Global Websites and resources, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the IMS Global Website and resources;
- We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about events or activities related to IMS Global Websites and resources. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off in your profile or by unsubscribing. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information;
- Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share information with other members; and
- For other purposes about which we notify you.
By accessing or using the IMS Global Websites and resources or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information.
We will not share personal information about you with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice. For example, we may share personal information about you including as follows:
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to IMS Global.
- IMS Meeting Sponsors: We may share your information (email address, name, job title, and organization) with sponsors of IMS events if you give us permission to do so.
- CASE Network Issuers: Registered users may have their personal details and usage of the CASE Network shared with CASE Network Issuers. An Issuer is typically a state department of education, school district or other entity that provides standards standards documents for use by CASE Network users.
- Corporate Account: If you are an individual IMS Global community member and the domain of the primary email address associated with your IMS Global account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to join IMS Global as an organization member, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
- For Collaboration: We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the IMS Global websites that by their nature support sharing with other members. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any data you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features, vetting reports, certification details, and other information sharing capabilities of the IMS Global websites and resources. In addition, when IMS documents are released, if you are an active participant your name, email and company will be released publicly.
- Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the IMS Global website and resources, (d) to protect IMS Global website and resources, or our members or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that do not directly identify you.
Collaboration and Sharing Features
The IMS Global websites and resources offer collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share data through the IMS Global websites and resources. As a function of the collaborative nature of the IMS Global website and based on the activity you undertake on the website, in the forums and by participating in IMS Global enables sharing with other members and/or with the public.
If you choose to participate in our community forums or other collaboration functions available on IMS websites, you agree that you will not use post any material, or links to any material, which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Further, you agree that you will not post any copyrighted material without the express permission of the copyright holder, unless such copyright is owned by you, in the forum. Advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also inappropriate in all collaboration activities.
Note that any message posted on our forums or collaboration features expresses only the views of the author of the message and does not necessarily reflect the views of IMS GLC or any person or entity associated with them. The forums use moderators and administrators to monitor the content and appearance of messages posted in our forums. However, considering the real-time nature of this forums, it is impossible for us to monitor or review every message. Therefore, you agree that neither these forums nor any person or entity associated with them will be held responsible for the contents, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information posted in them.
Participation in the Community forums means that you will abide by forum rules and regulations and adhere to the conditions set forth in each forum. In addition, by participating in the forums, some of your personal information ( Your IMS Community Username) and any information you post will be viewable by the public.
While no service is completely secure, IMS Global takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, any sensitive information we request from you is protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always log out and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Information & Retention. You may update or correct information about you at any time by logging into your online account and modifying your information or by emailing us at email@example.com if you would like to delete information. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice. If you wish to deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time. We will respond to your access request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our members as directed by paying members. IMS Global will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from IMS Global by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the IMS Global website or resources or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the IMS Global website and resources.
Social Media Features and Widgets
The IMS Global websites and resources may include social media features. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our website, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on IMS Global website. Your interactions with these features are governed by the privacy notice of the company providing it.
Community Forums and Blogs
Our websites offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
To request removal of your personal information from our testimonials or forums, contact us at the email address listed above. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
We display personal testimonials of members on our websites in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the IMS Global websites. When you click on a link to a third party website from our websites, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of IMS Global. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Our Policy Toward Children
The IMS Global websites and resources are not directed to individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Any questions about this Privacy Notice should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 801 International Parkway,5th Floor, PMB #112, Lake Mary, FL 32746, USA