IMS CLR Roundtable: Learn & Lead
This monthly open forum for institutional leaders is where you will learn from experts so you can lead a successful initiative at your institution—from planning to implementation. Meeting topics vary each month so that participants walk away with loads of lessons learned and best practices. View the recordings and resources from past roundtables.
22 March 2021 | 11:30 a.m. (ET)
Aligning Credentials to Learning Outcomes
Higher education institutions are increasingly exploring and implementing digital credentials. When institutional leaders embark on this journey, a key question to ask is, "To what are we going to align our credentials?" As a nation without a unified framework, institutions are approaching digital credentials in different ways. This panel will share strategies in developing incremental, verifiable credentials and aligning them to program outcomes, industry certifications, and other frameworks.
- Nan Travers, Director of the Center for Leadership in Credential Learning, SUNY Empire State College
- Gianina Baker, Acting Director, National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- Larry Good, President and CEO, Corporation for a Skilled Workforce
- Holly Zanville, Research Professor and Co-Director of Program on Skills, Credentials and Workforce Policy in the Institute of Public Policy, George Washington University
Submit your questions in advance to be addressed during the discussion.
Please sign up in advance to participate.
Past CLR Roundtables
- How CLR is Connecting Higher Education and Careers (25 January 2021)
- Evidence of CLR Impact (7 December 2020)
- Incorporate CLR into Your DEI Goals (2 November 2020)
- Tools to Support a CLR Initiative (28 September 2020)
- CLR: The Impact on Students (24 August 2020)
- Models for How to Strategize Your CLR Readiness (27 July 2020)
- Comprehensive Learner Records: What and Why (29 June 2020)
See the collection of CLR Resources curated by IMS members for higher education.