IMS Digital Credentials Roundtable: Learn & Lead
This monthly open forum for institutional leaders (formerly known as the CLR Roundtable) is where you will learn from experts so you can lead a successful initiative at your institution—from planning to implementation. Meeting topics vary each month so that participants walk away with loads of lessons learned and best practices. View the recordings and resources from past roundtables.
Next Digital Credentials Roundtable
23 May 2022 | 11:30 AM ET
My Spartan Story: Documenting Co-Curricular Learning on the Spartan Experience Record
My Spartan Story, Michigan State University's co-curricular record, formally recognizes and supports student learning beyond the classroom. Launched in 2020, the record documents student engagement and learning in non-credit-bearing activities such as leadership positions, on-campus jobs, internships, research projects, community engagement, and other out-of-class learning experiences. As a university-wide initiative at a large, decentralized campus, we have seen incredible growth from 200 positions to nearly 600 in under two years in partnership with faculty and staff. Once verified, students can request their Spartan Experience Record (SER) alongside their transcript through the Registrar’s Office, providing students with a shareable record of their knowledge and skill development. The session will introduce you to the foundations of the co-curricular record, lessons learned launching a university-wide initiative, and opportunities for continued and sustained growth of the record.
- Lance Sharp, My Spartan Story Coordinator
- Sarah Schultz, Director, My Spartan Story
- Korine Wawrzynski, Assistant Dean, Academic Initiatives
Get involved in the discussion! Submit your questions in advance to be addressed during the discussion.
- Demonstrating a Virtual Talent Network (25 April 2022)
- SUNY’s Story: Scaling Microcredentials Across the Largest U.S. HED System (28 March 2022)
- Expert Perspectives on Implementing a CLR (24 January 2022)
- Three Strategies: A Conversation on Digital Credentials in Higher Ed (13 December 2021)
- Implementing a Standards-Based CLR: What and Why (25 October 2021)
- Aligning Academic & Co-Curricular Outcomes (27 September 2021)
- Aligning Industry Competencies and Education to Streamline Career Pathways (26 July 2021)
- Tips for Collaborating Across Your Institution to Achieve Success with CLR (19 April 2021)
- Aligning Credentials to Learning Outcomes (22 March 2021)
- How CLR is Connecting Higher Education and Careers (25 January 2021)
- Evidence of CLR Impact (7 December 2020)
- Incorporate CLR into Your DEI Goals (2 November 2020)
- Tools to Support a CLR Initiative (28 September 2020)
- CLR: The Impact on Students (24 August 2020)
- Models for How to Strategize Your CLR Readiness (27 July 2020)
- Comprehensive Learner Records: What and Why (29 June 2020)
See the collection of Comprehensive Learner Record Resources curated by IMS members for higher education.