Our student activity hub would not be possible without IMS standards.
The IMS Global Higher Education member community, under the leadership of our Higher Education Institutional Leadership Board, has been helping institutions implement IMS Global open standards and practices that yield the following benefits:
- Greater Innovation: enable an instructional environment in which technology "gets out of the way" and becomes highly supportive of next generation teaching and learning environments
- Better Data Access and Educational Insight: remove significant barriers to collecting and analyzing data to support student success initiatives
- Seamless User Experience: synchronize user, course and context information to eliminate manual transfer of information and enable single sign-on to make the use of technology much easier for teachers and students
- Flexible Pathways to Degree Completion: enable personalized learning and pursuit of non-traditional programs to assess and award credentials beyond the traditional transcript
- Improve Efficiency and Reduce Integration Costs: significantly reduce the time and money it takes to integrate third-party learning platforms, tools, and content into the institution's digital ecosystem